Time until the next game at Benalmadena Polideportivo

Slow Farts Report by Geoff

REDS ….0 versus BLUES….5

The Reds started the match in fine style and could easily have been two or three goals up in the opening stages if it hadn’t been for some splendid saves by Jess in the Blues goal keeping the game goalless in the first quarter.

Thereafter it was a totally different matter when the Blues literally battered the Reds and if it hadn’t been for the heroic form of regular goalie Laurie then the final score would have undoubtedly been in double figures.

The ‘slow’ game or perhaps better known as the ‘old farts’ was played in the proper 3 touch no running format as the name walking football suggests unlike the other match on the opposite pitch!

For the Blues  Dave was outstanding

this despite still being in the recovery stage from two serious leg injuries in the past couple of years. The latter was ably supported in midfield by the ever improving Graham and newcomer Nick who allegedly hadn’t kicked a football for 29 years ensuring the Blues totally  dominated the midfield and the reason as to why  they won so easily against a truly abject Reds performance.

After the  water break Ken ’K’ opened the second period with a fine goal following an astute through pass by Graham which split the Reds defence. The goal hanger then added his second a somewhat  debatable goal when he arguably encroached  the goal area which he strongly disputed and was subsequently allowed after a review by VAR!

Laurence added a third  for the Reds followed by a fluke lobbed shot by Bambi for the fourth.

Fittingly after a fine performance Graham added the fifth to give the Blues an emphatic win.

Other than than Laurie who was outstanding in goal for the Reds no other player is worthy of a mention.

Fast Farts Report by Breck or……

Juego de pedos rápidos

Reds 4 Blacks 0

Approaching kick off the blacks discovered they were a player short so Darren played as a rush goalie.

The blacks had to work hard to keep the reds at bay. Breck came close to opening the scoring for the blacks but his shot clipped the outside of the post. Similarly Kaj hit the post for the reds.

After 20 minutes or so John opened the scoring for the reds and Kaj doubled their lead 10 minutes later. With 20 minutes to go the blacks were visibly wilting and a player swop was initiated. This swung possession back in favour of the reds and they furiously pursued a goal or two.

However, some shocking shooting, Bambiesque in nature, and some top class goalkeeping frustrated their ambitions. 2-0 to the reds on the hour mark and a further 10 minutes would be played.

The blacks now left some big gaps in defence and first James and then Keith with a sneaky nutmeg made it 4-0. With Keith now on the score sheet we can all go home. Full time. See you on Monday.

Post game drinks at the Lilac Tree